Monday, July 14, 2008

Friday, 14 July 2006

Went in this morning, felt sick to my stomach with worry. Although his temp was still up, the swelling in his hands has gone down tremendously. Tonight when we came to visit his eyes were open. What a good sign. I don't believe he was fully alert, but it was reassuring to talk to him and explain everything. I really hope that things will look up from here on out. Next step, clear out infection and then off the ventilator.
Thank you Lord for listening to our prayers. We will continue to pray and ask for your strength. Thank you for your grace and mercy.


Subject: update

Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:30:25 +0200


Visited my dad this morning, still stable. They gave him a blood

transfusion yesterday to up his haemoglobin levels. The anaesthestist is happy with the progress of his lungs. Has been running a temperature since Wednesday, it has come down but is still high.
Finally the swelling in his hands has gone down. He is still very
sick, we just have to wait and hope that all infection clears up quickly.

x
v

By this stage I am going into work early, leaving mid-morning for the 10.30 visit - staying for an hour if I can and then back to work.
I am so grateful for my studio head. It was her words of encouragement that gave me the freedom to go visit my dad every day and not feel guilty.
I couldn't take a lunch hour and had to leave at 4.30 on the dot to get home, bath and eat by 6.30pm, when we would leave for the evening visit. It becomes a routine, we take turns driving, sometimes my sister has the family round for dinner before.




No comments: