Thursday, July 17, 2008

Monday, 17 July 2006

Boy was dad pissed off tonight. He just wanted water but he is so frustrated. Then the nurse gave him like 2ml. He was so pissed off with her. Its funny, but it must be terrible. He must be bored to tears with our rambling on. But I guess what can we do. I will continue praying that the infection clears up rapidly and he can come off the ventilator. Please help heal my father. Thank you Lord for listening to our prayers. Heal his wound. Please.


Subject: update
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:09:13 +0200


Hi there peops,


Visited my dad this morning, they have slowly been reducing my dad's
sedatives and now he is awake. It is a difficult stage because although he can see us and hear us, he is not able to communicate clearly. I can tell he isn't 100% comfortable, but until he improves there is little that can be done.
From a few yes/no questions today I
managed to figure out that they hadn't brushed his teeth this morning, and he wanted them to do it. He was also asking for water.
Can you imagine your mouth being dry and not being able to say 'hey,
gimme some water'.
Doctor says we just need to be patient and let the antibiotics work.
As long as he is not deteriorating then it's all good. Keep sending positive thoughts…

x

v

No comments: