Friday, July 11, 2008

Tuesday, 11 July 2006

Dad's still doing good, doctors and nurses are very happy with his progress so far. Mom and Win are still really stressed about his swelling and his stomach. But they have sent some of the liquid from his wound to make a culture. So at least that may help give us answers. Otherwise I am very positive, O2 is down to 50% and he is on about 20 bpm, the machine is set at 8.
The tummy worries me that it could be a potential setback, but don't want to think of that. Not while things are going well.
Please can my dad respond to the antibiotics and clear up any infection that may be there. I pray that with your strength my father can reach deep within and fight this illness.
Carl visited too tonight, and it was good to see him. He made us laugh, reminded me of Dad's sense of humour.
I have lit another candle to burn for dad, and perhaps focus all it's energy on his tummy for tonight.
Thank you for the strength you have given us to get us this far, please continue to help my father heal. In your name we pray.


Subject: update
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:53:04 +0200


Firstly, I am doing way better than yesterday. I went off work and

was able to spend some time at the hospital. Got to speak to the doctor which is always good, it's nice to know exactly what's happening.

They performed a tracheotomy yesterday to assist with my dads

breathing. He looked a lot more comfortable afterwards, it's a lot
better than having a pipe down his throat. The ventilator was down to 80% and he was taking about 5 breaths per minute himself. So I think he has responded well to the procedure. But he will still be on the ventilator for a while.

The main concern is my dad's lungs and some swelling. He is on the
big-boys of antibiotics, so I'm hoping any infection will start to clear up. At the moment he is not doing bad, but not doing great either. Doctor says we need to just take it a day at a time and see
how he responds.

Mom is popping in now before work, and will let us know how things
went through the night.

Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers,

v



I blindly refused to accept any negativity. I couldn't focus on the bloating, I had to think of the good things, for my own sanity.

No comments: